[Probability] Statistical Mechanics seminar by P. Falco (Princeton) - Thursday 10th March

Stefan Adams s.adams at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 12:57:15 GMT 2011

Dear all,

this week Thursday, 10th March, we have our seminar in room MS.04 at
2pm by

Pierluigi Falco (IAS-Princeton)

Title: Fermion RG approach to 2D Lattice Models

Abstract: Many two-dimensional lattice models of Statistical
Mechanics can be re-casted as a system of interacting fermions:
Ising, 6-vertex, 8-vertex, Ashkin-Teller, q-States Potts, Hubbard (d=1
+1), XYZ quantum chain (d=1+1), etc. In the seminar I will discuss
some works in collaboration with G.Benfatto and V. Mastropietro in
which we use a rigorous renormalization group approach to study, in
some of the above models, the critical exponents of the second order
phase transition.

Best wishes,

Stefan

Dr. Stefan Adams
Associate Professor
Mathematics Institute
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL
United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0) 24 7652 3571 Mobile: +44 (0)7543770475
Email: S.Adams at warwick.ac.uk